Ahoy, friends (I will explain this later). This week I learned the 30th happiest facts of all time, thanks to BuzzFeed. I won’t list all 30 of them, just a few of my favorites.
1. The Space Jam website has not changed since it was created back in 1996. Just to let you know how long ago that was, 1996 was the year of the Macarena. The Space Jam website may have been the bees knees in 1996, but now it totally sucks. You can’t play any games, you can’t listen to the amazing soundtrack (The Space Jam soundtrack is the second most amazing movie soundtrack of all time, after Grease). All you can do now is see how crappy the site is.
2. A group of flamingos is called a “flamboyance,” and a group of pugs is called a “grumble.” These are both great words for a group of specific animals. These are way better than calling your group a “pack” or “school.”
3. Turtles can breath through their butt. This one is weird and strange, but I guess it’s good to know. In case you ever have to drown an evil turtle, just make sure the butt is underwater too.
4. Alexander Graham Bell wanted people to greet each other by saying “Ahoy!” when they pick up the phone. This is not what happened at all. We started with a simple “Hello,” but we have downgraded to things like “Hey,” “Yo,” and “What???” Let’s bring back “Ahoy.” I’m sure if people start saying “Ahoy” when answering their phone, it will quickly catch on. Then, Alexander Graham Bell will be sleeping sound in his grave.
5. Butterflies taste with their feet. Butterflies must not eat much, because everything they try must taste like feet. No one wants to eat things that taste like feet. It would probably be like eating old cheese from Whole Foods (Yes, I’m calling you out Whole Foods. I recently bought some Brie at Whole Foods and when I opened it the next day it was already bad and tasted like feet).
This week I learned a lot, and it was all thanks to this link. I love to learn, especially when it’s weird stuff that makes you smile. Till next week lads.